Season 2 of NBC’s The Voice kicked off following the Super Bowl on Sunday night and thanks to the huge lead-in audience, the premiere scored the biggest ratings for a non-sports telecast on any network in 6 years. Although that statistic doesn’t mean quite as much since it was the biggest sporting event anywhere that preceded it.
37.6 million people stuck around after the game to see the first round of auditions for the singing competition. Original judges Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green have returned for season 2.
Some of the performance highlights:
If you saw the fancy, action-themed promo above, check out the behind-the-scenes “making of” video:
More of the latest stories:
- Get Half Price Country Jam 3-Day Passes!
- Carly Pearce Sings Praises of Mom’s Pumpkin Pie
- Thomas Rhett Wants to Incorporate Daughter’s Heritage into Holiday Traditions
- Win A Thomas Rhett Unforgettable Experience
- Brantley Gilbert Has a Lot to Be Thankful For This Year
- Taco Bell’s Friendsgiving Menu Is Unique
- Chris Stapleton Honors AC/DC’s Malcolm Young With Tribute Song [WATCH]
- Taylor Swift Has Already Sold Over a Million Copies of ‘Reputation’
- Milwaukee Brewery Offers ‘Free Beer Until The Packers Score’ Promo
- Keith Urban’s First Thanksgiving: ‘I Couldn’t Believe the Volume of Food’
- Kip Moore Releases ‘The Journey To Slowheart’ Documentary
- Luke Bryan Delivers Spoken Word Rendition of New Song
- Announced: Walker Hayes At The Cabooze
- Garth Brooks Talks to ‘Ellen’ About CMA Lip Sync Controversy
- Blake Shelton Shares Heartfelt Memories of Mel Tillis